YouTube app on Android and iOS devices is that it doesn’t allow background play. If you are watching a video on YouTube and you navigate to a different app or turn off the screen, the video/audio automatically gets paused.
Check out these steps to play youTube videos in the background on your mobile devices –
For iOS –
- Go to the YouTube site through Safari.
- Search and play the music video you want and wait till the video plays in full screen.
- Next, press the home button; this will bring you to the home screen and stop the audio.
- Now swipe and bring up the control center and tap the play button.
For Android –
- Firstly, download and install Mozilla browser on your Android device.
- Open the YouTube site in Mozilla.
- Go to settings (the three dots on the top right corner) and tap on the desktop tab.
- You’ll be redirected to the desktop site of YouTube.
- Play any music video you want to here and it will keep playing in the background while you use other apps or turn off the screen.