It may occur, that you have changed/misplaced your mobile device or got your device’s motherboard replaced and now Google Play is showing a new device in the installation list, but though you aren’t using your old device.
You can hide or remove your old unwanted android mobile devices from getting displayed in your Google Play installation dropdown or list of devices in Play Store.
Its possible through Google Play, visit Google Play settings page on your computer, and follow these three steps:
- Visit Google Play on your computer.
- Click the Settings gear icon > Settings.
- Under My Devices, use the “Visibility” checkboxes to select which devices are shown in your menu.
You can even rename your device or set a nickname to make them easier to identify, in-case you have multiple devices.
To add a nickname for your device, follow the below steps:
- Visit the same settings page mentioned above.
- Locate the device you’d like to add a nickname for and click Edit button.
- Enter a Name for your device in the text field that appears under “Nickname.”
- Click Update to save your device’s nickname.
Source: Google Play Help