OnePlus plan contest for fans who want to win a OnePlus One. The startup paired up with 3D printing company Ultimaker to offer its fans a chance to design OnePlus One accessories, using a 3D printed model of the phone itself.
The contest starts on February 23 and runs until March 19. The winners will be announced on March 26. Check out the contest rules on the OnePlus website and the Ultimaker website. Only twenty finalists will be chosen during the public vote, which will take place on YouMagine. In the end, OnePlus and Ultimaker will choose the top three designs, and the winners will receive their prizes.
All of the twenty finalists will win an invitation to buy the 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. The design that comes into third place will win the OnePlus JBL E1+ Earphones or 3 spools of Ultimaker filament, while the second place finisher will get a 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. The lucky winner will get an Ultimaker 2 3D printer.
Here’s how to enter and the most important rules:
- Download the .STL file to design your accessory to fit the OnePlus One
- Post your design on Ultimaker’s YouMagine
- The submissions must be in the STL and STEP format and include the native file-formats of the CAD-software you used
- The file type must be 3D-printable
- Consider the design, creativity, quality, and practicality of your design
- OnePlus and Ultimaker employees can’t compete
- Team entries are allowed and you can submit several designs
- The design must be original and not infringe on copyrights
- You must use the tags “ultimaker” and “oneplus” to be considered