Google PlayStore itself does a brilliant job, where it scans each and every app inside the repository. But you shouldn’t miss these apps.
1) Lookout Security & Antivirus
Undoubtedly the best android app available in the play store. Lookout works as a free antivirus as well as security app for your Android device.
Features as on Play store:
SECURITY & ANTIVIRUS
• App Scanning: Continuous, over-the-air protection from viruses, malware, adware and spyware
FIND MY PHONE
• Locate & Scream: Map the location of your device and make it sound an alarm – even when it is on silent!
• Signal Flare: Automatically save your phone’s location when the battery is low
• Lock Cam: Get an email with the picture and location of whoever incorrectly enters the passcode 5 times.
BACKUP & DOWNLOAD
• Contact Backup: Save a copy of your Google contacts
• Download your contacts to your computer so you can transfer them to an existing phone or tablet.
Official Website: http://www.lookout.com
2) Prey Project
Prey Project, once again, a must have app, which is available for Mobiles/Tab as well as for desktop devices. Prey allows you to control your devices and monitor their security.
You can also add your Laptop in the devices to be monitored. In free version, Prey allows you to link 3 devices to each account. You can access your device from their official website.
Once you log into Prey you can do the following:
- Find your phone on a map through geolocation using both GPS and WiFi triangulation
- Take pictures using the built-in front and back camera
- Lock your device from any unwanted intruder
- Trigger a loud alarm remotely even if your phone is put on silent
- Display a tailored alert message on the screen
- Gather the network information that your device is connected to (for accurate pinpointing)
Official Website: http://www.preyproject.com
Download for Android: Playstore
For other platforms: Download
3) Android Device Manager
Finally, a good attempt by Google, Google’s official android device manager app, allows you to locate and get access to your lost/stolen android devices.
- Locate Android devices associated with your Google account
- Reset your device’s screen lock PIN
- Erase all data on the phone
Offical Website: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager